Fiscal Policy Analyst
Economic Policy Analyst, 20/20 Vision
The position supports the work of an economic policy research and advocacy firm participating in the national economic policy making process, working with legislators, academics, public interest groups, and progressive organizations via engagement in economic policy legislative and political projects with a principal focus on fiscal and financial policy.
The position involves working with a team of writers/researchers on policy products and projects relating to a range of domestic economic policy issues with an emphasis on financial policy. It includes various administrative responsibilities. The work is a mix of legislative and political projects and offers hands-on experience collaborating with colleagues and partners and preparing deliverables for clients.
For reference, the archives of the group’s regular economic policy updates can be found at 2020visiondc.org.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: 40 hours/week or more; Flexible
● Proactive external advocacy guided by 20/20 Vision internal goals
● Research and writing on a range of fiscal policy issues
● Assist in production and distribution of a regular newsletter
● Engage in coalition advocacy to promote progressive economic policies
● Administrative tasks such as planning meetings, taking detailed notes, tracking timelines for projects and specific to-do lists
● Occasional event planning and in-person event attendance
● Hill experience; relevant offices such as Appropriations, Tax, and Budget preferred
● Background in Federal Congressional Budget or Fiscal policy
● Proven experience as a policy researcher
● Knowledge of office management systems and procedures and office equipment
● Proficiency in MS Office/Google Drive
● Excellent time management skills, the ability to prioritize work, pay attention to detail, and troubleshoot problems
● Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
● Bachelor’s degree
Target Start Date: May 2023 or ASAP
Independent Contractor with full-time, 40-hour work week expectation. Working hours are flexible but may periodically require working some nights and weekends. Hourly rate range is from $30 to $40/hour (plus overtime), commensurate with experience.
Time and a half overtime pay for holidays and work done outside the regular work hours (evening and weekend work). Annual paid vacation, and unlimited, flexible unpaid vacation. Reimbursements, stipends, PTO & VTO to be discussed with finalists.
Position is hybrid schedule with in-office meetings near Dupont Circle twice weekly.
Schedule target: 40 hours/week or more; Flexible.
To apply, please send your resume, a cover letter addressing this organization’s mission and how your qualifications and experience align with the responsibilities outlined, and contact information and relationship for three professional references to:
See other current openings at: https://2020visiondc.org/current-job-openings
20/20 Vision provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, criminal history, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.