Financial Policy Analyst20/20 Vision DC Website
Financial Policy Analyst, 20/20 Vision – Washington, DC
About 20/20 Vision
An economic policy research and advocacy firm participating in the national economic policy-making process. We work with legislators, academics, public interest groups, and progressive organizations via engagement in economic policy legislative and political projects with a principal focus on fiscal and financial policy. Archives of the group’s regular economic and democracy reform policy updates can be found at www.2020visiondc.org.
The position supports the work of an economic policy research and advocacy firm participating in the national economic policy-making process, working with legislators, academics, public interest groups, and progressive organizations via engagement in economic policy legislative and political projects with a principal focus on financial policy. Part-time also considered.
The position involves working with a team of writers/researchers on policy products and projects relating to a range of domestic economic policy issues with an emphasis on financial policy. The work is a mix of legislative and political projects, offering hands-on experience collaborating with colleagues and partners, and preparing policy memos for internal review, and includes various administrative responsibilities.
For reference, the archives of the group’s regular economic policy updates can be found at 2020visiondc.org. Please see current openings at 20/20 Vision at: https://2020visiondc.org/current-job-openings
● Proactive external advocacy guided by 20/20 Vision internal goals
● Research and writing on a range of financial policy issues
● Assist in production and distribution of a regular newsletter
● Engage in coalition advocacy to promote progressive economic policies
● Administrative tasks such as planning meetings, taking detailed notes, tracking timelines for projects and specific to-do lists
● Occasional event planning and in-person event attendance
· Hill experience highly preferred; especially relevant committees such as Senate Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs and House Financial Services Committee or in the offices of members thereof
· Background in/knowledge of financial issues such as crypto, private equity, central bank digital currency, housing, education finance, and industrial policy
· Proven experience in policy research
· Knowledge of office management systems and procedures and office equipment
· Proficiency in MS Office/Google Drive
· Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize work, pay attention to detail, and troubleshoot problems
· Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
· Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Public Policy/Politics or a related field preferred.
Independent Contractor with full-time, 40-hour work week expectation. Working hours are flexible but may periodically require working some nights and weekends. Hourly rate range is from $35 to $50/hour (plus overtime), commensurate with experience. Time and a half overtime pay for holidays and work done outside the regular work hours (evening and weekend work).
Benefits package includes but is not limited to:
–Health insurance, including COBRA
–14 days paid vacation annually, with rollover ability
–Paid sick leave
–Paid days for recognized holidays
–Paid Family & Medical leave (up to 14 weeks)
–Leaves of absence
All employee policies are outlined in the provided 20/20 Vision Employee Handbook.
Position is hybrid schedule with in-office meetings near Dupont Circle twice weekly. Schedule target: 40 hours/week or more; Flexible.
To send your resume, please include a cover letter addressing this organization’s mission and how your qualifications and experience align with the responsibilities outlined. Please include contact information and relationship for three professional references and send all to:
Please let us know where you saw this job post, thanks ~
20/20 Vision provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, criminal history, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
See other current openings at: https://2020visiondc.org/current-job-openings
Target Start Date: ASAP