Lead OrganizerCommunity Voices Heard Website
Community Voices Heard is seeking lead organizers for our New York City and Westchester chapters to lead small teams of organizers in direct action and policy campaigns to win concrete changes in tenants lives and policy change at the city and state level. Successful applicants will have experience leading and winning organizing, direct action and/or policy campaigns and engaging in the relational organizing model and building a base of leaders for action.
Ideal Candidates will have:
• At least 5 years’ experience of community, labor, or political organizing.
• Experience leading and winning campaigns at the local, city or state level.
• Led successful and high turnout direct actions.
• Supervised organizing staff and volunteers.
• Experience facilitating and leading trainings on organizing and strategy fundamentals.
• Demonstrated experience and ability to work/organize across racial and cultural lines.
• Experience working in a grassroots membership organization or other type of social justice organization.
• Demonstrated commitment to building long-term power with low-income people of color, their families, and their communities.
• Spanish proficiency preferred.