Research and Policy Analyst
RESEARCH AND POLICY ANALYST
LAANE is seeking someone with a commitment to social justice to join our Climate campaign, working to combat the climate crisis in partnership with labor, social justice, and environmental allies. Together we seek to achieve a union-made renewable energy and water resilient future for LA – one that centers equity, expands access to green infrastructure, and creates good union jobs for frontline communities.
Who We Are: LAANE is an advocacy organization dedicated to racial, economic and climate justice. Combining dynamic research, innovative public policy, and deep coalition organizing, LAANE works with labor and community partners to fight for policies that create good jobs, thriving communities, and a healthy environment. For more information about our work, visit www.laane.org.
Position Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Campaign Director, the Research and Policy Analyst will conduct industry and policy research to guide strategic campaign decisions and shape campaign messaging. Core responsibilities include:
· Writing research memos, fact sheets, and reports, both for internal and external use
· Analyzing worker, demographic, and industry data from public and private sources
· Identifying, reviewing, and analyzing primary and secondary sources
· Conducting interviews and leading surveys
● Cultural competency and social justice values/work experience: A strong commitment to racial and economic justice and the labor movement; cultural humility and mindfulness; knowledge of area political context is a plus, fluency in Spanish is a plus.
● Working as a leader within a team: Ability to work independently and collectively within a team, well organized, think proactively, possession of strong interpersonal communication skills, and emotional intelligence.
● Dedication & responsibility: Willingness to work long hours and weekends, detail-oriented, can balance multiple projects and work well under deadlines. Have a positive, can-do attitude, problem-solving skills, and a desire to learn.
● Technical Skills: Strong skills in written communication, report writing, familiarity with Westlaw (or similar) and Excel, and quantitative analysis.
● Research Experience: Demonstrated community or labor campaign research and/or a degree in public policy, urban planning, environmental studies/health, or a related field.
Terms of Employment: This is a full-time, salaried position with starting salary of $65,000, free family health care, a 401(k) and generous time off, along with a range of other benefits. The position is based in Los Angeles and requires work on nights and weekends. We are a proud union employer, and this position is a bargaining unit position.
Application Process: Email cover letter, resume and contact information for three references in a single PDF document to researchjob@LAANE.org. We will begin reviewing resumes on July 28 and will contact candidates we wish to interview at that time.
Affirmative Action: Women, LGBTQ, Black, Indigenous and People of Color are Strongly Encouraged to Apply.