Canvasser Job Description
Join our field team to help build community power in Long Beach!
APPLICATIONS DUE 12/15/2023
Canvassers will contact voters across Long Beach through door-to-door canvassing to increase civic engagement and engage working-class communities of color in the political process.
● Contact voters through door-to-door canvassing.
● Reach daily and weekly benchmark goals for the number of voters contacted and supporters identified.
● Strong commitment to social and racial justice
● Ability to work Monday – Thursday, Saturday – Sunday
● Team members must use their own smartphone for outreach
● Must follow a script and provide accurate information to voters
● Must have strong verbal communication skills as well as ability to connect with diverse people, always maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude
● Be able to read a street map if going door to door
● Be able to complete light physical activities such as standing or walking for long periods of time and be able to carry up to 10 pounds
● Having your own transportation is preferred. Canvassers with a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance and reliable transportation will be provided with a gas stipend.
● Bilingual in Spanish and English
Schedule and Wages
● January 22 – March 5
● Monday – Thursday from 2:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday from 9:00am – 5:00pm
Sunday from 12:00pm – 8:00pm
● Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.