Chispa NV Digital OrganizerLeague of Conservation Voters Website
Title: Chispa NV Digital Organizer
Department: Community & Civic Engagement
Reports To: Chispa NV Program Director
Positions Reporting To This Position: None
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Union Position: Yes
Job Classification Level: B
Salary Range (depending on experience): $59,131 – $69,365
LCV believes our earth is worth fighting for because everyone has a right to clean air, water, and a safe, healthy community. To ensure those rights are protected, we help people use their power to shape policy, hold politicians and polluters accountable, and influence elections.
Chispa, a program of LCV, works to ensure that Latine communities and leaders have a strong voice in the movement for climate justice and within the environmental movement and influence the environmental policies and decisions that impact our health and environment. Based in the Community & Civic Engagement department, Chispa has programs in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Nevada, and Texas.
Our program in Nevada has been working with Latine communities in Clark County, primarily, since 2015. The program has seen many transformations and transitions in recent years, especially during the COVID 19 pandemic. As the program focuses on rebuilding and strengthening its foundations, we are working to build a robust team on the ground that can lead the Chispa Nevada program toward our mission of protecting our communities and environment, and defending our democracy.
LCV is hiring a Chispa Nevada Digital Organizer who will integrate field organizing with online action and work with the Chispa NV Program Director to oversee the online presence for Chispa NV. The focus of this role is on building, engaging and growing our bilingual online community via social media, email, mobile, online advocacy, and other Conservation Voter Movement resources and tools. The Digital Organizer will use digital tools to advance our campaigns and strategy in the field and online, to mobilize and grow our statewide base of volunteers and supporters around our organizing campaigns. This position will join a dynamic, skilled and growing data-driven organizing team, working closely with the Chispa NV Program Director, Chispa national team, and community members and leaders. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, enthusiastic, and passionate about the fight for climate justice and ready to take action to hold polluters accountable and advocate for community-driven solutions to address climate change and environmental racism.
- Collaborate with the Chispa National Communications Director, Chispa Digital & Creative Campaigns Manager, and Chispa National Organizing Director to engage supporters to take action and keep in touch with our program through email, social media, digital ads, mobile platforms, petitions, website(s) and other online mediums, including organizing online supporters to take offline action in order to support our campaigns and program.
- Work with Chispa NV Program Director to ensure accurate data program tracking related to the email lists, acquisition, event participation, signups, Chispa NV website, and Chispa NV social channels to improve the effectiveness of our campaigns and program and to inform future strategies.
- Work with Chispa National Communications & Digital team and consultants to produce and disseminate multimedia content that centers the stories of communities of color at the local level. Promote via social media, email newsletters, etc.
- Support management of social media and maintain all Chispa NV digital content up to date, including updating a future Chispa NV website, as needed, and maintaining an archive of all multimedia content across programs and campaigns.
- Support creation of online content for events, training, and volunteer opportunities, including, but not limited to, flyers, online forms, social media posts, linktree, zoom functions and technology, etc.
- Develop materials and workshops for volunteers and promotores on best online digital practices and support implementation.
- Find new innovative opportunities for audience expansion by staying connected to peers and digital communities.
- Support the Chispa NV Organizing team with data training, regular reports, and daily use of VAN and Google Spreadsheets to track progress.
- Travel up to 10% for organizing events, staff retreats, meetings, conferences and professional development opportunities, as needed.
- Conduct in-office responsibilities and events, including meetings with the Chispa Nevada team, external partners and key stakeholders, from the Chispa Nevada office in Las Vegas at least 4 days per week.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work Experience: Required – Minimum of 2 years of experience in social media management, online organizing, online marketing, communications, email advocacy, or new media. Experience using online tools to grow, engage and mobilize a membership base. Must have experience working with VAN or another database. Preferred – Grassroots organizing, issue-based or candidate campaign experience. Experience in a political context, preferably in a Latinx/Tejano, progressive, or environmental organization.
- Skills: Required – Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Forward-thinking, innovative, and creative mindset willing to push Chispa Nevada to new boundaries in the online space and in relation to environmental justice. Ability to work with a team and in community; highly organized and interested in environmental or community issues. Written and spoken fluency in English and Spanish. Preferred – CRM, CMS, and HTML coding skills.
- Cultural Competence: Passionate about protecting the environment and communities impacted by climate change and environmental injustice. Committed to confronting institutional racism and inequity within our political system. An ability to apply a racial justice lens, and a variety of communities’ distinct perspectives to organizing strategies. Commitment to equity and inclusion as organizational practice and culture. Understanding the ways in which principles of racial justice and equity are vital to improving our democratic systems and environmental challenges effectively.
- Working Conditions: This job operates both in a professional office environment and in outdoor and indoor public spaces, and the person will be exposed to outdoor elements such as precipitation, wind, and high/low temperatures. This position is occasionally sedentary; however, attending meetings and canvassing out in the communities is also frequently required. The person in the position will frequently be expected to move about to accomplish tasks and move between sites. This position routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and audiovisual systems. The person in this position frequently communicates with community members and must be able to exchange accurate information. Ability to occasionally work evening and weekend hours as needed. Position requires a valid driver’s license and liability insurance or access to reliable transportation. Applicants need to be located in and legally authorized to work in the United States. LCV requires all employees working from our offices or participating in in-person meetings or events to be fully up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to reasonable accommodation as required by law.
LCV offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that includes vacation, sick and parental leave, personal days, paid holidays, health insurance (two plan options for staff to choose from), dental and vision insurance, life and disability insurance (short- and long-term), Flexible Spending Account, 401(k) retirement plan with company matching contribution, commuter benefits program, sabbatical, and student loan assistance.
LCV is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a racially just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information, or any other protected status. LCV is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.