Canvasser Job Description
Join our field team to help build community power in Long Beach!
APPLICATIONS DUE 10/06/2023
Canvassers will contact voters across Long Beach through door-to-door canvassing and phone banking to increase civic engagement and engage working-class communities of color in the political process.
● Contact voters through door-to-door canvassing and phone banking.
● Reach daily and weekly benchmark goals for the number of voters contacted and supporters identified.
● Strong commitment to social and racial justice
● Ability to work Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm – 7:30pm
● Team members must use their own smartphone for outreach.
● Must follow a script and provide accurate information to voters.
● Must have strong verbal communication skills as well as ability to connect with diverse people, always maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
● Be able to read a street map if going door to door.
● Be able to complete light physical activities such as standing or walking for long periods of time and be able to carry up to 10 pounds.
● Having your own transportation is preferred. Canvassers with a valid driver’s license, proof of insurance
and reliable transportation will be provided with a gas stipend.
● Bilingual in Spanish and English
Schedule and Wages
October 17 – November 17
Monday thru Friday from 3:00pm – 7:30pm
● Email resume to email@example.com to apply.