Senior Director of Partnership & Programs
Pennsylvania Voice is seeking an innovative, result-driven systems thinker to lead the implementation of our programmatic work. The Senior Director of Partnership & Programs is an exciting opportunity for a candidate experienced in organizational development to support the Executive Director in leveraging the collective impact of our partnership, increasing civic engagement, and creating policy and systems change, all of which leads to a more participatory and representative democracy in Pennsylvania.
The Senior Director will lead the successful implementation and execution of organizational strategy, including managing program directors; proactively identifying and engaging in development, fundraising, and stewardship; upholding strict compliance and regulatory standards; and supporting a clear vision to cultivate an equitable organizational culture.
The Senior Director will be a champion and mobilizing force amplifying a commitment to equitably building and supporting leadership capacity in communities across the Commonwealth. A core aspect of this role involves stewarding a collective of independent community-based organizations, direct service providers, policy research centers, and good government advocates in service of developing and managing a mission-aligned partnership. The Senior Director, Partnerships and Programs will directly identify, develop and maintain relationships with external agencies, nonprofits, and stakeholders, working to amplify the priorities and interests identified by the Pennsylvania Voice partnership.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The ideal candidate is a visionary leader, adept at navigating and managing change and successfully leading high-impact teams to meet ambitious programmatic goals while guiding the implementation and evaluation of programs.
The salary for this position is $95,000- $105,000 plus benefits.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Vision, Strategy, and Leadership
- Through effective collaboration with the Executive Director, programmatic leadership (Civic Engagement Director and Democracy Campaigns Director), and partnership organizations, design, execute and evaluate organizational program strategies in alignment with the organization’s strategic plan and vision.
- Partner with Executive Director and Development team to support funder stewardship, outreach, and applications to procure funding that supports program impact, as well as general organization needs.
- Stay abreast of developments in relevant fields, including an ability to spot emerging gaps and opportunities for impact in advancing bold new policies and ideas that shift power and promote structural reforms to build a racially just and equitable democracy.
Partnership Management and Relationship Building
- Build transformational relationships while sustaining and growing the partnership, encourage participation in shared activities, and facilitate collective decision making.
- Iterate and innovate systems, structures, and opportunities for the partnership to collaborate, including facilitating discussions, developing relationships and plans, and providing continuous opportunities for reflection with leaders of partner organizations.
- Cultivate a culture of shared responsibility and mutual accountability with staff, partners, and community.
Staff Management and Organizational Development
- Directly manage and coach the Civic Engagement Director and Democracy Campaigns Director and support their leadership in implementing PA Voice’s strategic goals; maximize the synergy between teams, including cross-programmatic efforts, learning opportunities, and narrative.
- Manage budgets and deliverables related to program impact.
- Fully contribute to and participate in the activities and responsibilities of the senior leadership team (whose members also include the Executive Director, Senior Advisor, and the Democracy and Civic Engagement Directors), including co-creating and driving an organizational culture that is grounded in respect and inclusion.
Qualifications: We seek experienced organizational leaders who excel in relationship-building, are results-oriented, are excellent problem solvers, and have strong analytical, organization, and prioritization skills. In addition, while no one person embodies all of the qualities outlined below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- Significant management experience (4-7 years or equivalent) with at least 2 years of senior management experience with a proven track record of exceeding goals focused on nonprofit growth, organizational development, strategy, evaluation, planning, and related areas
- Experience in collaborating and communicating effectively with grassroots organizations, advocates, funders, senior policymakers, and elected leadership
- Experience contributing to the strategic direction of a growing organization
- Demonstrated success in effectively leading, developing, and empowering top-notch leaders, driving accountability, and working with and through others to achieve ambitious goals
- Comprehensive analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills with the ability to plan and implement in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- A successful track record of raising funds for not-for-profit organizations, campaigns, etc. from individual donors and foundations
- Excellent relationship building skills; ability to personally connect with and engage with varied internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to analyze situations with a racial justice lens and utilize effective organizing strategies
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the Pennsylvania electoral landscape, and an understanding of how progressive infrastructures operate in relation to government and national politics
- Experience and knowledge of the regulatory landscape and the analytical skills needed to review information regarding regulations and guidelines to ensure federal, state and local compliance
- Ability to facilitate gatherings with diverse participants. Proven experience building consensus and a demonstrated entrepreneurial ability to develop alliances and coordinate the shared interest of all parties
- Deep knowledge and understanding of challenges to justice, and experience in managing challenges in race, gender, LGBTQ identity, age, class, and religion—in both internal and external settings
- Willing to work sometimes long, irregular hours, and to travel as needed—on a daily basis, work will likely be remote from home into 2023.
Compensation: Is based on experience and competencies and is highly competitive. The salary range is $95,000 – $105,000 with excellent benefits.
Monthly overnight travel will be required.
Location: Location/Travel/CoVid-19 Operating Notice: Our staff is working remotely due to the CoVid-19 pandemic. The person hired for this position will work remotely through 2023. However, some travel, if/when it is safe, may be required within Pennsylvania, primarily in and around Philadelphia, Allegheny County, the Lehigh Valley, and Central PA. The safety of our staff and partners is a priority to us and so if/when travel is an option, we will do so in accordance with recommendations put forth by Pennsylvania’s local/state governments. Candidates must be based in Pennsylvania or willing to relocate by the start date.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a resume and a cover letter using this link: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1469805
Your cover letter can be traditionally formatted or you can simply send answers to these questions in writing or by video:
- Why are you applying for this position?
Why do you think you meet the qualifications for this position?
Please submit your resume and cover letter/answers to questions by selecting the “apply” button below. Please, no phone calls. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the application and interview process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, at which time the job announcement will be removed from our website, and the application portal will be deactivated.
Pennsylvania Voice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. Pennsylvania Voice encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, people with records of arrest or conviction, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply. Pennsylvania Voice hiring process will comply with Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Standards (“Ban the Box”) ordinance.