Senior Finance ManagerPennsylvania Voice Website
Pennsylvania Voice’s Senior Finance Manager will be an integral team member to ensure the organization is healthy and functions well. The Senior Finance Manager will be part of the infrastructure team and report to the Senior Director for Operations.
About Pennsylvania Voice
Established in 2010, Pennsylvania Voice is the 501c(3) table for more than 55 state and local-based organizations, working year-round to create a more accessible, inclusive, and representative democracy by amplifying the voices, leadership, and expertise of communities that have historically experienced deliberate barriers to civic participation. Our partnership is grounded in the belief that a fair and just society will be achieved through collective power; that democracy requires full participation and equitable representation; and that the pathway to power in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania must include Black, Indigenous, Latinx, and AAPI communities.
Together, we win shared policy and civic engagement victories to build long-term power.
A team of experienced organizers/strategists staff Pennsylvania Voice. We coordinate, support, convene, and co-create with a diverse community of statewide and local leaders, each representing distinct organizations, around three program areas:
- Civic Engagement: Year-round integrated voter engagement campaigns that increase voting, voter registration, and participation in civic life among all Pennsylvanians and specifically Black, Indigenous, and communities of color
- Voting Rights and Access: Modernizing elections to make voting more convenient and fully accessible to all
- Reflective Democracy: Investment in community leadership and governance that is accountable to community interests and needsAn explicit commitment to racial equity frames our partnership, our programs, and our culture.
Principal Responsibilities for the Pennsylvania Voice Senior Finance Manager:
- Overseeing the Accounting, Finance, and Bookkeeping for the organization. Central Responsibilities:
- Ongoing risk assessment/risk management needed to ensure the fiscal and operational health of the organization as well as the safety and security of our team members and the organization.
- Overseeing processes & identifying opportunities for improvements & enhancements both for greater efficiency and growth as well as alignment with organization programs and direction in any of the areas listed below.
- Be key organizational contact for questions, requests, and inquiries around finance areas – including staff, development, ED, BOD and outside vendors & consultants.
- Managing upticks in activity due to election or other programmatic goals and determining any additional support needed.
- This position includes supervising and supporting the professional growth and development of bookkeeping staff, including weekly check-ins.
- Supporting leadership and staff through various transitions by providing training/education/oversight as infrastructure systems grow and upscale to meet the demands of our growing organization.
- Participate and support external/stakeholder activities as part of the team.
These central responsibilities are embedded throughout all of the following responsibilities listed below.
Accounting (Bookkeeping, Taxes, Payroll, etc.)
- Managing bookkeeping & reconciliation process for all organizational income and expenses for a roughly $2.5 million budget and all accounting related to $2-3M budget for regrants program to our 44 state and local partner organizations.
- Semi-monthly payroll administration and oversight of quarterly & annual payroll reporting (Paylocity).
Administration of the organization’s bank account, including processing wire transfers/bill pay (checks) for outgoing payments, monitoring account for incoming deposits/wires, and monthly reporting to the infrastructure team.
- Supporting annual audit & tax preparation process.
- Leading contract management for 30+ organizational vendors and consultants
- Administration of credit card programs including monthly reconciliation, quarterly approval process, and organizing receipts. Potential project of overseeing transition to employee expenses management software.
- Supporting Development Department with grant management and accurate grant reporting as well as secondary CRM Database Manager (EveryAction) when needed.
- Management of administrative filings and deadlines, including (but not limited to) quarterly lobbying reporting.
- Annual business insurance renewals.
- Managing charitable solicitation license renewal with auditors.
Finance (Budgeting & Analysis)
- Assisting with the creation of monthly program and management financial reports and supporting the Senior Director of Operations’ Quarterly Board of Directors financial reports (including budget to actual balance sheet).
- Collaborating with the Development Department to support their work in annual fundraising and development goals.
- Supporting Executive Director and Senior Director of Operations in budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, implementation, and strategic financial analysis as part of ensuring the fiscal and operational health of the organization.
- Supporting Program Directors and their departments with budget management and tracking as needed.
We’re seeking candidates who excel in understanding systems and operations, build strong relationships, are results-oriented, are excellent problem solvers, and have strong project management skills. Specifically, you will bring:
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and gender equity.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, implement and manage systems.
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new technical and software skills.
- Experience managing multiple projects and meeting multiple deadlines while also being able to communicate when things need to change.
- Must be able to work independently, as a team leader, and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a high level of detail orientation and meeting deadlines.
- Relevant non-profit experience with finance, accounting, and other logistics is preferred, but not required.
Compensation: Depends on experience and is highly competitive. Salary range is $65,000 – $80,000 based on experience with excellent benefits including full medical and dental coverage, retirement (401K) package, and paid holiday and vacation days.
Monthly overnight travel will be required.
Location: Physical Office located in Philadelphia, PA. Due to CoVid-19, we are currently working remotely through 2023, but to complete some of the duties listed above, some regularly scheduled office visits will be required.
HOW TO APPLY: Send a resume and a cover letter. Your cover letter can be traditionally formatted or you can simply send answers to these questions in writing or by video:
- Why are you applying for this position?
Why do you think you meet the qualifications for this position?
Please submit your resume and cover letter/answers to questions by clicking here: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/Details/1345704 Please, no phone calls. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the application and interview process, please reach out to us at email@example.com. Candidates must be based in Pennsylvania or willing to relocate by the start date.
DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, at which time the job announcement will be removed from our website.
Pennsylvania Voice is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We value a diverse workforce and have an inclusive culture. Pennsylvania Voice encourages women, people of color, persons with disabilities, people with records of arrest or conviction, veterans, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals to apply. Pennsylvania Voice hiring process will comply with Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Standards (“Ban the Box”) ordinance.