Creative ManagerProgressNow Website
ProgressNow is a nationwide network of 27 State Partner Affiliates who run year-round strategic campaigns to promote progressive ideas and values and win elections. Each affiliate is a communication, digital outreach and media hub of full-time professionals who work with partner organizations to engage and mobilize diverse communities and activists through cutting edge digital communications and innovative earned and paid media strategies. A core part of the in-state and national progressive infrastructure, together our state network affiliates reach and move millions of voters through data-driven best practices, organic and paid digital content built on decades of experience and research.
ProgressNow facilitates communications and digital organizing tables that align and coordinate a shared message and strategy. From staffing issue coalitions, developing message and communications calendars, training and pitching spokespeople, to developing digital content for partners and coordinating digital ad buys to maximize impact, we organize the progressive community’s communications for maximum impact.
ProgressNow’s national operations are led by its President, Anna Scholl, interim Managing Director Lonnie Scott and a team that includes expertise in communications, organizing, technology, research, and data analysis..
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a candidate who is an accomplished designer with experience managing a team of creatives. This position will lead a newly established creative team which is focused on creating content that can be used across various social media platforms. We’re looking for an accomplished designer who is ready to help establish a creative team, and can take trends and social media design best practices and apply it to their content in the form of graphics, memes, gifs and short form video content. Content will be based in research and around current events and issues in the news, but translated to designs that are inherently relatable, culturally relevant and designed to resonate with non-political audiences.
This position will oversee a team that is not just creating content for ProgressNow, but will be working with a team of digital organizers from around the country to create content that speaks to various partner audiences and communities on a variety of topics. The manager will still create content as a part of their daily work.
The ideal candidate can balance multiple projects, is organized, and can work individually and collaboratively. They are comfortable with remote work and communication and have a strong desire to help other designers grow..
This is a permanent remote position and reports to the Senior Director of Messaging and Research.
- Manage up to 2 graphic designers to produce research-based content
- Responsible for developing and executing on a content calendar coordinated with the Messaging and Research department
- Responsible for overall creative direction from concept to production/posting
- Collaborate/coordinate with creators across the country to design or review culturally competent and relevant content
- Conceptualize and produce digital content for use on various social media platforms
- Work on multiple projects at once and consistently meet draft deadlines
- Create compelling, stylish graphics and content in a timely manner
- Take vague ideas or random sketches by non-designers and bring them to life
- Turn words and values into art
- Pays attention to and lifts up trends in social media design to ensure content meets audiences where they are
Required Experience, Skills, and Qualifications:
- 5-6 years of experience in graphic design for social media, experience with progressive political organizations a plus.
- Previous experience managing content creators
- Previous experience creating and following a content calendar
- Previous experience doing design work within the progressive political ecosystem a strong plus
- Proficient in a variety of industry-standard design tools such as Adobe CC (After Effects, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator). Basic knowledge of Audition, Lightroom, and others is a bonus
- Understands the processes of designing for social media and digital experiences
- An understanding of scalable asset creation, design & video trends, online marketing, image manipulation, and branding
- Passion for creative excellence, branding, and visual communications
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize accordingly in a fast-paced political campaign-type environment as well as hold team accountable to deadlines
- Experience working in an all-remote atmosphere is a plus
- Must include a portfolio with the application
Because negotiating is inherently inequitable, we want to be transparent about what benefits we can offer upfront. The salary for this position is $75,000.
Our benefits package includes:
- Unlimited vacation with a requirement that each staff member take at least 2 weeks each year.
- Eight paid holidays as well as an office closure annually between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
- Employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance
- A 401K plan with a 3% employer match
- Annual professional development stipend
*Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (including eligible boosters) is required for employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is granted.
How to Apply
ProgressNow is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, involvement with the criminal justice system, or age.
Research has shown that women and members of historically marginalized groups often only apply to jobs when they feel they meet 100% of the qualifications. We are committed to creating an equitable, inclusive, and diverse organization and we strongly desire applicants with a wide range of experiences and backgrounds: even if you don’t see yourself fully reflected in every qualification listed, we still encourage you to reach out and apply.