Director of Development and Network EngagementRural Power Coalition Website
The Rural Power Coalition (RPC) seeks to hire a Director of Development and Network Engagement to provide new capacity and support for our growing coalition. This position will work alongside our current RPC Coalition Coordinator. The position is a remote position, and can be based anywhere, though proximity to current RPC members or Washington D.C. is a plus. The position is full-time, but we will consider adapting the position to part-time for a strong applicant.
The Rural Power Coalition (RPC) is a group of place-based organizations representing rural electric cooperative (REC) member-owners from the sixteen most coal-intensive RECs in the United States, supported by strategic advisors. The Coalition envisions resilient and clean rural energy systems that are democratically controlled, equitable, and affordable while supporting healthy environments, well-paying jobs, and the building of community wealth. To achieve this vision, the RPC has put forth a bold, yet common-sense policy proposal to help all RECs make this transition and build a clean energy system for every resident in their service areas.
As a result of the coalition’s work, $10.7 billion was included in the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) with the New ERA and PACE programs. These programs will be game-changers in rural communities, and will accelerate campaigns to reform rural utilities and foster a clean energy transition across the country over the next ten years.
RPC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
To find more information about the Rural Power Coalition, please visit www.ruralpower.us.
The Director of Development and Network Engagement will:
* Manage and oversee all fundraising and grant writing activities of RPC with assistance of members. Will also include compliance and reporting.
* Cross train and add capacity to help RPC Coordinator with coalition management
* Organize coalition-wide resources as well as developing systems to maximize efficiency of the group.
* Participate in site visits and check-ins to share on-ground experiences throughout the coalition.
* Refine best practices and keep lines of communication open between RPC member orgs.
* Staff Budget and Fundraising Committee and provide support for other committee work as needed by the RPC Coordinator.
* Build relationships with RPC member organizations and allies, as well as coordinate and assist with outreach to prospective new coalition partners
* Potentially supervise other positions for the RPC, including part-time or paid interns added to the coalition at a future date.
Desired knowledge, skills and abilities include:
* At least two to three years related experience organizing campaigns in rural communities and/or fundraising and organizational development experience for a non-profit or for profit organization is required;
* Excels at building and maintaining relationships, is a good listener;
* Able to work with limited supervision and manage multiple priorities and tasks;
* Demonstrated experience and strength working with coalitions or other collaboratives of autonomous organizations, experience leading, managing and developing coalitions;
* Skilled facilitator and meeting designer;
* Experience working with diverse constituencies and rural communities; and
* Ability to travel, including multi-day trips to other states.
Salary starts at $65,000 depending on experience and qualifications. We offer generous benefits for full time staff including:
100% employer paid health and dental insurance for staff
20 paid vacation days
12 days sick leave
10 paid holidays
Three months paid parental leave
Opportunity for sabbatical after 5 years of employment
Ongoing professional development opportunities
401K with employer contribution
Cell phone reimbursement
To apply, send a cover letter (tell us where you heard about the position and what excites you about the job) and resume to email@example.com with “RPC” in the subject line. Applications are encouraged by 1/15/24. We will review applications on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled. Our goal is to have this position filled by February/March 2024 for onboarding.