Community OrganizerSt Nicks Alliance Website
St Nicks Alliance is currently seeking a Community Organizer to assist with St Nicks Alliance’s community organizing efforts around safe and affordable housing and anti-displacement.
· Assist with the outreach, education and engagement of rent regulated tenants in North Brooklyn, this includes, identifying building targets, building assessment, door-knocking and one to one.
· Assist Housing Counselors creating and strengthening of tenant associations.
· Assist the Senior Organizer with the development and implementation of building, local and city wide housing campaigns.
· Assist with the facilitation of grassroots and coalition meetings.
· Assist with the leadership development activities for tenant associations and local grassroots organizations.
· Represent St. Nicks Alliance in meetings and events with other local and city wide organizations and agencies.
· Assist with outreach to St. Nicks and its affiliate’s organizations on programs and services, especially the housing counseling and training services.
· Assist with the maintenance of data tracking tenant associations and leadership development and assist preparing reports for City Agencies and Funders.
· Candidate must be fully fluent in English and Spanish.
· Passionate building housing, racial, and immigrant justice with tenants in North Brooklyn.
· Minimum of one year of base building or other Community Organizing experience.
· Experience facilitating workshops or public presentations preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Familiarity of housing law in New York City- Desirable.
· An ability to relate to a wide range of people, including low-income families, elected officials, legal services providers, and other community-based and advocacy organizations.
· Ability to work evenings and weekends (as necessary).
Salary – $50,000 annually
If interested, please send resume and cover letter (via email only) indicating salary requirements to:
St. Nicks Alliance
Attention: Mr. Rolando Guzman, Deputy Director for Community Preservation
Please write in the subject heading: Community Organizer SNA